Are you wanting to know how to watch HBO Max on Roku devices? Here we have detailed several ways to watch HBO Max on Roku devices. The easiest way is to install the dedicated HBO Max app, as long as HBO offers one for your device.
HBO Max is an amazing streaming service, rolling shows and movies from HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and Turner Classic Movies with lots of Warner Bros. content into one application. Now that it is available on various platforms, including Roku, users are likely to want to enjoy some programs.
A complete guide on How to Watch HBO Max on Roku.
If you are looking for a complete guide and step-by-step method to watch HBO Max on Roku, then you have come to the right place.
Here we have tried to give you complete guidance on using Roku to watch HBO Max.
How to get the HBO Max app for Roku?
Your first step is to add the HBO Max channel to your Roku TV or streaming device.
- On the main Roku home screen, locate HBO Max under the New and Featured section or the Movies & TV category.
- Once you find HBO Max, click Add Channel and it will download and install the app for you.
- Another option is to open the Roku app store, search for HBO Max, and add it in the same way. From there, log in and enjoy.
- Additionally, Roku sells HBO Max subscriptions using Roku Pay, but you can no longer subscribe to the channel through Roku. Instead, you have to use Roku's payment service to buy it on HBO.
How to stream HBO Max on Roku with Android or iPhone?
In this column, we will show how you can cast HBO Max from your mobile phone to your Roku device.
- Make sure your Roku device and your iPhone or Android are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open HBO Max on your iPhone / Android and start watching something.
- On an Android phone, at the top right of the video player, you should see the cast option. Tap on it.
- Choose the Roku TV or Roku streaming device you'd like to stream to.
- You can still use your phone while after casting.
- If you don't have the cast button on iOS, go to your phone's Settings, scroll down, and tap on HBO Max. then make sure Bluetooth and Location Network are turned on. Then repeat the steps and it should work.
How to stream HBO Max with AirPlay to Roku?
The next best way to get HBO Max working is with Apple AirPlay on Roku. Note that you must have a 4K Roku device for this to work as older models do not support AirPlay.
- First, double-check your Roku and Apple device to make sure you have the latest software available ( Settings > System > System update > Check for updates ).
- Then check whether AirPlay is enabled or not on your Apple device (open Control Center and tap on the AirPlay icon ).
- Make sure to use the same Wi-Fi network for both the Roku device and your iOS / AirPlay.
- After the initial check, open HBO Max and start watching something.
- Touch the screen, then, in the upper right, touch the AirPlay button.
- Next, choose the Roku TV or Roku streaming device.
If you have an older device, you can still mirror from your iPhone
- Make sure your Roku device and your Apple device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open HBO Max on your device.
- Open the iOS Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
- Choose the Roku TV or streaming device you want to mirror to.
- The same steps apply on Mac as well, only the AirPlay icon will be at the top right near your system icons and the Wi-Fi indicator.
How to mirror HBO Max to Roku with Android?
Google Cast and screen mirroring are two separate things. If you can't cast HBO Max to the device of your choice, try using your Android phone to mirror what's on your screen to the Roku. This works on almost every Roku device and almost every Android except the Google Pixel line.
The only problem with this method is that all manufacturers' names mirror the screen somewhat differently. Samsung calls it Smart View, LG calls it SmartShare, and others have similar names.
- Find: Smart View, SmartShare, AllShare Cast, Screen Mirroring, Quick Connect, Wireless Display, HTC connect, Screen Cast, or just cast on your Android phone.
- Make sure your Roku device and your Android are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Smart View, SmartShare, AllShare Cast, or whatever your phone offers and turn it on.
- Find Roku TV (or Roku Stick) in the drop-down list and select it.
- Now, you will see a message on the Roku that you need to allow and it will start mirroring your Android device's screen.
- Play a movie or show on HBO Max and enjoy watching.
How to watch HBO Max on Roku from a PC?
Finally, you can watch HBO Max on most Roku devices by logging into the service on your Windows PC and sharing it. Again, this will share your screen, which isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing and most PCs don't get as many notifications like a phone.
- Make sure your Roku device and your Windows PC are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open HBO Max on your device or in a web browser.
- Launch the Windows Action Center via the Windows Notification section of the taskbar (or press Windows Key + A ).
- Tap Connect, then select the Roku RV or streaming device you'd like to mirror.