NetSpend offers prepaid cards that do not require a minimum balance or credit check.
The concept is simple, you deposit money on the card and use it to make your daily payments until your balance reaches zero.
When the money you’ve deposited runs out, you can either reload your card or just get rid of it.
For the safety of Users, transactions are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) up to the NetSpend balance limit.
You can buy a NetSpend debit card at local merchants or large chains, certainly a very convenient feature.
You can choose between a NetSpend Mastercard or Visa debit card. So if a store accepts Mastercard or Visa, they will also accept NetSpend.
The card can be loaded in several ways; through paychecks, government benefits, pensions, tax refunds, etc.
When it comes to depositing locations, there are currently more than 130,000 locations in the United States.
The application process requires following a few very simple steps.
Interested parties must provide their name, home address, and email address.
As for the time it can take 7 to 10 days to get a NetSpend card.
However, if you track your NetSpend card in the mail, you should note that the company proceeds to ship the card after the applicant’s identity has been verified.
In case you need to fund the card, you can do so via direct deposit, online money transfer, NetSpend card account transfer, or by visiting the top-up network locations.
Some of these methods generate fees.
Benefits of NetSpend Card
NetSpend has strong supporters and some skeptics. Here are some reasons to buy a prepaid card:
- NetSpend is a great option if you no longer want to use cash or don’t want to apply for a credit card.
- NetSpend cards are widely accepted. Plus, once you run out of balance, you shouldn’t have a problem reloading it.
- An account can be divided into up to 10 subaccounts, which is very useful for business purposes. That way, employers can control their employees’ spending and put a limit on it. If you limit subaccounts to one amount, they won’t be able to overspend.
- Prepaid cards are available to everyone, even people with bad credit. In very few cases, a specific user is denied the issuance of a NetSpend card.
How Do I Sign Up for NetSpend Prepaid Card?
If you haven’t ordered your NetSpend Prepaid Card yet, here is how you can order and activate your card following these simple steps:
- Go to the link https://www.NetSpend.com/card-order/ve/NetSpend/?aid=account&site_id=login&context_name=alpha_lgfrom your browser and enter your detail information as has been asked.
- Enter your first name, last name, street address, zip code, and your valid email address.
- Choose your direct deposit options: Paycheck, Tax Refund, Government Benefits, or None at this time.
- Now select the type of card you want to order from and click on GET MY CARD.
- You may be charged a fee for the issuance of the card. To check the fee charges, you can click on the option that reads Review the fees associated with your Prepaid Card.
- You need to now create your username and password and click on CONTINUE.
- Ater you place an order for the card, it may take 7 to 10 days for your card to arrive
- As you receive the card, you need to activate it for which you can go to https://www.NetSpend.com/account/register.
- Then enter your card number and security code and click on CONTINUE.
- You are ready to use your card.
How Do I Login NetSpend Prepaid Card?
After you completed all the steps mentioned above, you can now sign in to your account and check your balance, check your account details, transaction details, etc. Here is how you can sign in to your account easily:
- Go to the link https://www.NetSpend.com/account/login from your browser and enter your Username and Password.
- Then tap on the LOG IN button.
How Do I Change your Password?
In case you forget your existing password to your account, then you can easily reset or change your password in the following way:
- Go to the link https://www.NetSpend.com/account/recover/passwordfrom your browser and enter your Username and email address you registered with.
- Then click on CONTINUE.
- Follow the instruction given in your Email.
How Do I Change your Username?
If you forget your Username to your NetSpend account, no problem, you can easily recover or reset your Username following the method given below:
- Go to https://www.NetSpend.com/account/recover/usernamefrom your browser and enter the Email address you have registered with.
- Then Click on CONTINUE and follow the instruction as provided in your Email to change or reset your Username.
How Do I Deactivate or Cancel NetSpend Card?
If you no longer want to use the NetSpend Card, then you can easily deactivate or cancel your card for which you have three options available.
However, these options are not free: withdrawals cost $ 2.50 at domestic ATMs and payment requests cost $ 5.95.
Option 1: Withdraw from an ATM
The easiest way to cancel or close your NetSpend card is to withdraw all of your funds from an ATM. However, there is a $ 2.5 domestic ATM cash withdrawal fee. This does not include the ATM transaction fee, which can range from $ 1 to $ 5 on average. If you are using an international ATM, the withdrawal fee is $ 4.95 in addition to the ATM's own transaction fee.
One problem with closing your account this way is that ATMs generally only dispense $ 20 denominations. This can cause problems when you try to completely close your balance if you don't have this exact amount.
Option 2: Request a check
The other way to close or cancel your NetSpend account is to request a check. NetSpend estimates that this process takes three to four weeks. There is also a $ 5.95 fee to receive the check. To request a check for your account balance, call 1-866-387-7363 or log in to the online account center.
Option 3: Call NetSpend directly
The third option to close your account is to call NetSpend directly at 1-866-387-7363. This is perhaps the fastest and most convenient option. One downside to calling the company to close your account is that it allows NetSpend to offer incentives to keep your account open. You can continue with the closing process, or you can find the offer that appeals enough to keep your account open a little longer.