JPAY is a website specializing in sending money securely to an inmate in US prisons. In addition to money transfer, the site also offers many services such as sending a packed lunch, music files (MP3 format), performing a virtual tour (via computer screens) and sending an e-mail. Not all prisons allow the same services. JPay is established in twenty states of the USA across the country, and nearly half of the federal penitentiary systems are equipped with tools of this type.
JPay first developed as a money transfer service to prison establishments, in 2002 – again, the company takes a commission on the sums sent, which can be as high as up to € 11.95. As of 2011, with 1.2 million customers in custody, JPay declared $ 30.4 million in income (or € 27.24 million). Three years later, in 2014, its revenue had more than doubled, amounting to 70.4 million (63.1 million euros), in particular thanks to some 14.2 million messages passing through its platform.
What is JPAY used for?
To use the services of JPAY, it is necessary to provide the account with a credit card. In fact, to send an e-mail, you have to feed your account with virtual stamps. To send simple emails or with photos, a defined number of stamps will be debited from your account. The e-mail is printed by the mail service of the penitentiary center, which gives it to the inmate. The email is a good complement to the handwritten letter when it is necessary to communicate quickly with an inmate. The other advantages that JPay offers are as follows:
- The JPAY site is very secure. The session closes automatically when it is not used after a few minutes. You must open a personal JPAY account with an e-mail and create a password.
- Prison systems also benefit from these operations, collecting a commission of around 5 cents per message.
- JPay has partnered with MoneyGram so people can now send funds to their loved ones in prison.
- Through JPay, the family, friends, and relatives can send Emails to their loved ones in federal prison.
- With the money transferred through JPay, the inmates can buy media, MP3, Videos.
- Through JPay, inmates and family can talk face to face with each other through their PC.
A complete guide to using Jpay login
If you are looking for complete guidance for JPay Login, you have come to the right place. Here we will provide you with the step-by-step guide for creating, logging in, and navigating through JPay Login.
How To Sign up Jpay Account ?
If you want to use the services of JPay Login, you must first create an account in JPay so you can communicate with your inmate. For this you need to:
- You need to register first with JPay for which you have to go to the link https://www.jpay.com/.
- On top of the screen, you can see the SIGN-UP section, there you can also see the SELECT STATE option. Enter the state where your inmate is, then enter INMATE ID as given by the prison. Then click on the NEXT button.
- Go through the Search Result, click on your inmate Name.
- Then the Registration page will appear where you have to enter your information. A check on the box that reads I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO PAYMENTS TERMS OF SERVICES.
- Now click on the REGISTER button, you have to remember the Email ID and Password that you have entered as this will be used for logging into the website.
- The password that you enter must be 8-16 characters and should contain lower/upper case letters, numbers, and special characters(! @, #, $, %, ^, &, *).
- Wait, your SIGN UP process is not completed yet. After registration, you have to now create your account.
- For this you have to visit the link given above, then click on MY ACCOUNT. A profile creating page will appear where you have to fill in your information. You can add more than one phone number, after filling up all the information click on SAVE. Your account is created.
How To Login Jpay Account ?
As with the registration, you can log in with your Google account or Facebook account.
- Visit the link https://www.zoosk.com/loginfrom your browser, enter your Email Id and password that you have entered during registration. Then click on LOG In blue button.
- Your profile is displayed on your screen, you can then start chatting with connected people, view your messages, chat with members, etc.
How To Buy Jpay Stamps ?
For sending Email, and conduct communication, you have to purchase Stamps for which you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on LOGIN at the top right of the page
- Click on BUY STAMPS and choose the number of stamps to purchase and click on CONTINUE.
- Next step for you is to choose the payment method. Choose your type of bank card: enter your credit card number. Then click on CONTINUE.
- You have now purchased your stamps. You can send an e-mail.
How do I email an inmate on JPay?
After buying Stamps, You can send an email for which you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on COMPOSE to write your e-mail.
- Check the name, number, and prison of your correspondent
- Write your e-mail.
- Once finished, you can send by pressing SEND. Check the first and last name of your correspondent again.
- If you send your e-mail with a document, then several stamps will be invoiced. Once you have checked everything, press CONTINUE.
- A message is displayed to confirm the sending of the e-mail.
How To send Money to your intamet From Jpay
If you want to send money to your inmate, you can do so by following the steps mentioned below:
- Login to your account and click on SEND MONEY option, then select the Inmate you want to send the money to.
- Select the Card you want to charge to and confirm the process. You can also contact their customer service representative but the service charge will be higher.
How To Change Password ?
If you want to reset your password to a new one, you can do so by following the methods mentioned below:
- Login to your Jpay account as mentioned earlier, and click on MY ACCOUNT.
- On it, scroll down and click on the option that says CHANGE PASSWORD.
- Type in your current password and enter your new password twice and click on SAVE.
How To Reset Forget Password ?
If you have forgotten your set password, then also you can recover your password by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the link https://www.jpay.com/login.aspx from your browser, there you can see the option FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD. Click on it, and now enter your Email Address.
- Click on SEND ME A RESET LINK button, the link will be sent to your email.
- Click on the link in your Inbox and reset your password.
How to Change Email Address of Jpay Account ?
If you want to change the email address that you have used during the registration process, then you can follow the methods mentioned below:
- Login to your JPay account, and click on MY ACCOUNT. Scroll down and click on EMAIL PREFERENCES.
- The next step for you is to enter your new Email address twice and click on the UPDATE button.
What Are The Payment Methods ?
For any process to perform through your JPay account, you have to purchase Stamps. The process of Buying Stamps has been explained above. JPay also accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and cash. They also accept debit cards, gift cards, check cards, and pre-paid cards as long as they have the Visa, MasterCard, or Discover logo on them and they are registered to a valid US or international address.
How To Cancel/ deactivate/Close JPay Account
If your inmate is released from the federal prison, then you will no longer need the services of JPay service. If you want to switch to other services other than JPay, then also you want to close your account. In such case, you can follow the methods mentioned below:
- Login to your account first and click on the MY ACCOUNT section. Scroll down and click on the option PAYMENT METHODS.
- Now click on the option EDIT or DELETE, follow the instruction as given on the screen.
- You can also talk to their customer service representative to close your account.
For any information and queries, you can contact their Customer Service Representatives via 1 800 574 JPAY (5729) 24 hours a day 7 days a week.