JCPenney has 875 stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. Among its products, you can find everything from a new closet to a refrigerator, and everything can be financed through a card issued by Banco Synchrony.
It mainly serves suburban markets and offers mid-range products to consumers. The store is distributed throughout the country.
Like any other company’s credit card, a JCPenney credit card works the same way. The only difference is that you can get discounts and special offers with the card, which do not apply to non-cardholders.
What are the Benefits of JCPenny Credit Card?
A significant benefit is earning reward points. For every purchase you make with your JCPenney card, you earn points that can be used to obtain different benefits from the store.
It also gives you benefits like a birthday gift, exclusive offers, coupons, and a JCPenney Rewards point for every dollar spent on purchases. The other benefits are:
- There is no annual fee, and it gives the user the ability to earn reward points.
- Users will get a 15% discount on their first purchase
- You will get a $ 10 purchase certificate when you spend more than $ 200
- Special financing
- Reward points for double members
- Customer benefits
- Payments are accepted at any JCP store
- No other charges if the balance is paid in the full month
How Do I Apply for the Credit Card?
If you don’t have the JCPenney credit card yet, you can apply for it online, or you can go to any JCPenney Store and request instant credit at any cash register or pick up an application, complete it, and mail it in.
To apply online, follow the process mentioned below:
- Go to https://apply.syf.com/eapply/eapply.action?clientCode=JCPCON&sitecode=ESRVLIN820 from your browser and enter your Social Security number and your mobile number.
- If you don’t have a mobile number, then click on the option that says I Don’t Have Phone Number.
- A new screen will appear where you must enter your detailed information, such as your first and last name, zip code, DOB, email address, your annual income, and so on.
- After you enter all the information required, click on CONTINUE.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen, you have successfully applied for the credit card.
- Your card will be mailed to your address with 10 business days.
How to Register for JCPenny Credit Card?
To take the advantage of the card, you need to sign up or register first, for which you can do the following steps:
- Go to the site https://jcpenney.syf.com/login/register from your browser and enter your account number and Zipcode.
- If your account billing address is not in the US, click on the option, type your DOB, and tap on CONTINUE.
- After verifying our information, you are asked to create a USER ID and PASSWORD.
- That’s it, you have created your JCPenney account.
- It may take 3 days for your account registration.
How to Login to JCPenny Credit Card Online?
After creating an account, you can now log in following these simple processes:
- Go to https://jcpenney.syf.com/login/ from your browser and enter your USER ID and Password.
- Click on SECURE LOGIN.
How to Make payment with JCPenney Credit Card?
After the registration process, you are allowed to make credit card payments with the JCPenney card. To make a payment with the card, follow these simple suggestions listed below:
- Visit JCPenney's Online Credit Card Center
- Enter the required field, you may be asked to fill in the ID and password you have created
- Then view the account details
- Now click> secure login option
- If you want to pay your bills online, choose that option
- Click> Make JCPenney Credit Card Payments
- You can also schedule your payments for the date and time you want to make automatic payments.
- You have now made the payment by JCPenney credit card.
If you do not make the payment on time, you can risk getting interested and debts that will later be more difficult to pay. In this way, you can make the payment of the card one day before its expiration and thus avoid payment delays.
We recommend that you have your checking account number where you will make the payment and the bank routing number at hand before logging in to the store page. Then, you must click on the option that indicates Pay my account in the menu.
In case your JCPenney Credit Card payment is late
If you do not pay your card on time, you may run the risk of obtaining interest or some type of surcharge. In this way, you have 23 days to make your payment without any problem after you have closed your JCPenney card billing cycle.
However, if you are not responsible for the payment dates, you will have an extra late charge of $27 if you have not had delays in your previous billings. But you can also get a $ 38 surcharge if you have not completed your cycles correctly.
Forgot USER ID/PASSWORD
If you forget your JCPenney account USER ID or PASSWORD; you can recover your data by following the process mentioned below:
- Go to https://jcpenney.syf.com/login/findUserId from your browser and enter your account number and zip code.
- If your account billing address is not in the US, then click the option, and instead of zip code, enter your date of birth.
- Tap on Continue and follow the instructions to recover your USER ID.
- In case of resetting the password, visit https://jcpenney.syf.com/login/reset from your browser and enter your USER ID and zip code, then click on CONTINUE.
- Then, enter your new password and save.
How to Close JCPenney account?
If you no longer want to use the services of JCPenney and want to close your account, follow the methods mentioned below:
- Clear your payments first, wait for the monthly statement, so there’s no financial burden on your shoulder.
- Now, call their customer service on 1-800-542-0800 if you are in the US. If you are in Mexico, contact 011-800-527-4403. If you are from Puerto Rico or US Virgin Island, call 1-800-981-8400.
- You can call the customer support staff between 7 am to midnight every Monday to Friday. If you are calling on Saturdays and Sundays, then call from 9 am to midnight.
- Give them a valid reason for canceling your account and provide them with your account number.
- Answer the questions they ask, after verifying that the account actually belongs to you, they will process your request.