Losing your Snapchat account can be disastrous as many of us use the Social Network for our own personal use and its privacy-focused features.
Forgetting passwords or email or becoming a victim of a hack are possible ways to lose your account.
However, Snapchat allows you to recover your account if you have forgotten your password, your email, your username, or if you have recently deleted it.
In Snapchat they are aware that losing access data is quite normal, that is why they give the possibility of recovering your Snapchat Account in simple and easy ways.
Here we have provided you with some methods to recover your Snapchat Account.
The first option to recover your Snapchat account is through the official Snapchat website.
You can perform these steps both from the Personal Computer and from a mobile device through the web browser.
It is the most practical method since it does not require entering the application or updating it.
Recover account with the phone number (without email)
If you still have access to the phone number that you have registered while creating your Snapchat account, you can recover your account by requesting a verification SMS code, following these steps.
- In the login form, you can select I Forgot My Password or go directly to the Recover Snapchat account.
- You will have two options to recover your account, we recommend selecting Phone Number.
- Enter your phone number in the form and then press the Continue button.
- Check your mobile for the SMS code and have the received code at hand.
- Enter the code received in the form, then press the Verify button.
- Set a new access password. Enter it twice and hit the Save button.
- Finally, you will get a notice that says Password changed as confirmation, you just have to click on Continue.
With these steps, you can recover your Snapchat account and you will be able to access it with the new password.
What to do if the confirmation SMS never arrives?
If it happened to you that you enter your phone number and when you press the send SMS button it never arrives, you can request a new SMS by clicking on the Resend SMS link.
If the message still doesn’t get through, you can click the Call me the link. You should receive a call in a few seconds, your phone will dictate the code in question.
If the necessary message to recover your account still does not arrive, you should contact customer care support.
Recover account with the email (without Phone Number)
If you no longer have access to the phone number that you registered in your Snapchat account or you never receive the verification SMS, you can also recover your account through your email.
Follow the steps mentioned below to reset a new password and regain access to your account.
- Visit the https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/password_reset_request.
- Enter your email address and press Send.
- Check your inbox and hit the link sent by Snapchat. The email will look like the following: If You Haven’t Received It, You Can Request a New Email By Clicking Resend Email On The Snapchat Page.
- Set a new access password. Enter it twice to confirm and press the Save button.
With these steps, you can successfully recover your Snapchat account through email.
Recover account without email or phone number
At the moment Snapchat only offers the possibility of recovering accounts through the telephone number and email registered in the account.
If you no longer have access to your email or phone number that you have provided during registration, you will no longer be able to regain access to your account and you will have to create a new Snapchat account.
However, there are some possible ways with which you can recover your Snapchat Account if you don’t have access to your email or phone number.
Here’s what you can do about it.
- Make a list of all the email addresses you have. Most people who forgot their Snapchat email have multiple email addresses and just don’t remember which one they used to create their account. So, make sure you list all of your email addresses.
- Now launch the app on your phone and then follow the recovery process. Use the email recovery option and enter all your email addresses that you can remember one by one. If you enter an invalid email address, an error Email Address Entered Incorrectly will appear.
- Repeat the same procedure until you find the correct email address, and then use it to reset your password and recover your account.
- The other possible way for you to recover your account without an email or phone number is to contact the customer care support of Snapchat.
- Go to Customer Support of Snapchat through your browser and click on CONTACT US.
- Then click on MY ACCOUNT LOGIN and I FORGOT MY PASSWORD.
- Fill up the form and click on SEND.
- It may take 2-3 days for the team to contact you, then follow the instructions as they provide you after verification of your account and identity.
These are some simple methods to recover your Snapchat account in case you forgot your email or phone number.
However, the easiest way would be for you to remember the credentials you enter during the registration process.