Stories are effectively another news source, but one that relies on visual rather than written information.
It adds new filters and effects to the camera and requires you to select the Stories section, rather than just posting to Facebook like you normally would.
It’s camera-based, so the phone is a more natural home for stories, but you can post and edit them from your desktop, allowing you to create more polished videos.
Any of your Facebook friends. You can choose to share with a group of people at a time, or just one person, if you want.
How long are Facebook stories?
Once published, they will remain visible for 24 hours. After that, they disappear. In other words, it’s like Instagram stories. Facebook Stories don’t appear on your timeline or News by default unless you also post them there.
Steps to add music to Facebook stories
The method mentioned here is workable both for android and iPhone devices.
Here are steps you have to follow t add music to your FB stories:
- First thing first, capture a photo or video you want to add a story to.
- Once you’ve clicked a new photo or recorded a new video, or imported a photo or video from your device into Stories. You can now click on the Stickers icon located at the top of the screen.
- Touch the Music sticker.
- On this screen, you have several options. You can browse the list of popular songs and tap Add visible on the right side of a song if you want to add it to your Stories post. Or, you can click on one of the genres or moods at the top of the screen to find songs that fit that particular genre or mood.
- If you want to look for additional genre and mood options, tap See more. Now, you can manually search for a song by clicking on Search Music at the top of the screen.
- When you find the song you want to add to your Stories post, tap Add to the right of it.
- Facebook will automatically highlight a part of the song to play when someone views your Stories post. If you want to select which section of the song to play, swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen. This way you can highlight a different part of the song.
- Tap Done when you’re done choosing which part of the song to play.
- From here, the song will appear as a sticker in your Stories post, which you can resize, rotate, and move around the screen to fit your post. You can also touch the sticker to change its appearance. Finally, you have the option to add other elements to your posts, such as text or another sticker, before sharing it.
Add music to your Facebook Messenger story
Facebook Messenger also allows us to add stories with music, effects, and style. It has a few interesting options to provide each of your stories a unique touch.
We are going to explain few simple steps so that you can add music and lyrics to Facebook Messenger stories in a simple and fast way.
- Log into Facebook Messenger.
- Click on the box ( add story) which is located at the top left of your screen.
- Then a series of options will appear on your photo at the top right of your screen, choose the last option.
- Type in the search bar, the song you want to include in your story.
- Wait a moment for the search engine to provide you with the search results.
- Click on the correct song.
- Submit your story and it will be available for viewing by your Facebook friends.
Can you upload stories with music from Facebook Lite?
Many people believe that Facebook Lite, being an alternative version of the Facebook social network, does not have the same functions or the same performance as the original platform.
Facebook Lite is a limited but very good version since it practically has the same functions as the full version. In addition, it is much faster and lighter, allowing its performance to be much better.
The new Facebook Lite version is very friendly and adapts to all the updates of the traditional platform and only a short time after it exposed this new operation, Facebook Lite integrated it into its functions.
Upload stories from Facebook lite step by step
Here are the simple steps that you have to follow to upload stories from FB Lite:
- You must first log into the Facebook Lite application.
- You must enter the box (add story) that is in the upper left part of your screen.
- This will take you to the photo gallery, the photo and text options appear at the top; choose the one you want.
- Then a series of options will appear at the top, on the right of the screen, look for the emoji or face, press on it.
- Find the option (music) and click on it.
- A pop-up window will appear with the list of songs that Facebook offers you, you can also type the name of the desired song in the search bar.
- Wait for it to load and select from the search results.
- Drag the music clip to the side so it doesn’t cover your photo.
- Continue editing your photo with effects, emojis, or filters as you wish.
- Once you have finished editing your photo, click on the button located in the lower right area (upload story) and you will be done; now your story will be published and available to be viewed by all your Facebook friends.
How to select music/song before recording a video for Facebook Stories?
You can select the music or song before recording a video, something similar to Tik Tok. This way you can adapt a video or an idea to a song that you want to add.
- For this you must go to the Facebook application.
- Then press + Add to history at the top.
- Next, you must press the camera icon and then the Music icon located in the lower right part of the screen.
- You will have to choose a song, slide to the left or right to choose a clip of it, and then press Play or Start to start recording the video.
- Once you finish recording this video, simply click on Share in the story and that’s it.