Yandex is a Russian search engine that belongs to the eponymous company founded in 1997 by Arkady Volozh and Ilya Segalovich. Yandex is the most popular and used search engine in Russia and some of the countries belonging to the former Soviet Union.
It is the most visited page in this country, with more than 65 million daily visitors. In 2011 a version of the portal was also launched in Turkey, where some of its services including Yandex. Navigator and Yandex. Maps are widely used.
We must also know that this browser has its own security system that ensures the reliability of the websites we visit. At the same time, it uses the security software of Russian origin, Kaspersky, to check the files we download.
Similarly, it makes use of Opera’s Turbo technology to speed up Internet browsing. Say that it is not only available for desktop systems, but we can also install and use it on Android and iOS mobile devices.
Some users, for various reasons, may disable cookies in their Yandex browser for a certain period of time. But without them, working on the network will not be so comfortable: you will not be able to automatically log into your own accounts on the sites after restarting the web browser, save their settings, the interaction of sites with your location will be inaccessible. So you have to enable cookies in your Yandex Browser, for which you can do the following process:
- To turn cookies back on in Yandex Browser, you need to go to its “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Sites” category and select “Advanced Site Settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Cookies” section. There are several possibilities for working with them at once. The browser itself recommends enabling the storage of cookies, but you can choose other options as well. The first three parameters are optional, but the option to “Block data and files from third-party sites” is meant as an additional option and can be marked with a tick.
- You will also see a “Site Settings” link button.
- Cookies will be permanently allowed for one session. You can manage them directly from the page of any site – so in the future, you can create a list of cookies that will be accepted/rejected by the web browser.
- To manage cookies for a specific site, click on the icon in the address bar, present to the left of the site name, and follow the link “More.”
- In “Permissions,” the first line will be a link with the number of accepted cookies for this site.
- If you go through it, you will see the categories of cookies that you can work with: view delete, block (only the groups themselves can be deleted and blocked, and not each file individually). The same data can be edited in the menu, which we described above in 2 steps.
- The second link button, “Cookies and site data,” is less functional.
- It only involves viewing the cookies stored on your computer and deleting them one by one or all at once.
This is a way to enable cookies on all sites or selectively and manage exceptions.
In order to destroy the traces of your stay in the Yandex browser, you need to follow the tips below.
- Go to settings, where at the bottom you will see “Show advanced settings.” There you will see a “Clear History” button, click on it.
- Now, you must select the period of time during which you want to delete cookies.
- Next, make sure the box next to “Cookies and other file data” is checked. Then click on “Clear History.” That’s it, the cookies are deleted.
- There is another way to access the history in which you can delete cookies. Go to “Settings” – “Advanced” – “Clear history”. Then carry out the same methods described above.