Safari is the most common browser used on iPhone and other iOS devices. If you are wondering how to enable or disable cookies on your iOS devices, we have provided you with detailed step-by-step instructions.
To enable cookies on your iPhone and iOS devices, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- The first step you must take to activate cookies in Safari is to take your device, and access the home screen, and touch the settings icon (the one shaped like a gear wheel ). On the screen that appears later, locate the text Safari and tap on it.
- At this point, look for the Privacy and security section and follow OFF (if it is ON ) the switch next to the option Block all cookies to blocking first-party cookies.
- If you are operating on an older version of iOS (and therefore also of Safari), similar to what happens on Mac, you can check the activation of cookies in more detail.
- To do this, select the Block cookies option and choose, depending on your needs and preferences, the option you prefer from the following: Allow only from the current site, Allow only from the sites I visit, or Always Allow.
- If you also want to enable Third-Party cookies, that is, those generated by external sites with respect to what is visited, it leads to OFF (if it is set to ON ) the switch located next to the Block cross-site tracking item, which you will always find in correspondence with the Privacy and security section Safari Settings.
- If you are using an older version of iOS (and Safari), you must turn OFF the Does not detect option.
- If you want to see the list of websites for which cookies have been unblocked, tap on the Advanced item that you will find at the bottom of the Safari settings screen and then on the Website Data item. If you can’t find a specific website, help yourself with the search bar at the top of the screen, typing in the keywords of your interest.
- You can disable cookies in Safari by first taking your device, unlocking it, accessing the home screen, and selecting the settings (the one in the shape of a gear wheel ). On the next screen, tap on the word Safari.
- At this point, locate the Privacy and security section, switch it ON (if it is turned OFF ) that is located next to the Option Block all cookies, and press the Block all cookies button to block all first-party cookies.
- If you are using an older iOS version (and Safari), tap on the Block cookies item and select the Always block option on the next screen.
- In previous versions of iOS (and Safari), the option Does not detect should be turned ON instead.
To proceed with the elimination of the data related to the cookies that have been saved on your device, the procedure you must follow is as follows:
- Select the Advanced item at the bottom of the Safari settings screen, touch the text Website data, press on the option Delete all website data, located at the bottom, and then on the button Remove now, present in the menu that opened.
- If you want to delete only the data of some sites, first tap on the Modification item, located in the upper right, then on the red circle that you find next to each site, and finally on the delete button that appeared on the right.