Microsoft Edge is a web browser developed by Microsoft, and it comes as the default on all Windows 10 computers, replacing Internet Explorer.
Edge seeks to compete with the two best-known browsers on the market, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, presenting a series of exciting features.
It is an entirely different browser built from scratch, with a new web page rendering engine and support for technologies that allow web developers to create more robust and secure pages. Edge has also been designed to be compatible with pages created for Safari and Chrome.
Enabling cookies in Microsoft Edge is as simple as the methods seen so far for other browsers. First, you will need to start the Microsoft Edge browser from your computer to enable cookies proceed as follows:
- To do this, open Edge and go to the “Settings” menu.
- In the displayed window, go to the section “Cookies and site permissions“.
- Click on “Cookies and site data“.
- Deactivate the switch “Allow sites to save and read cookie data” to disable cookies.
- Activate it again to enable cookies.
- You have three options available: Blocking all cookies does not allow any website to save cookies on your computer.
- Blocking only third-party cookies allows cookies from your website but blocks cookies from external web services, such as ads embedded in the web pages you visit.
- Do not block cookies, to allow all cookies, make sure Do not block cookies is selected and restart Microsoft Edge.
- Choose the option you prefer, then close the setting tab.
Delete Cookies In Microsoft Edge
In order to clean up your stored data, you can also delete cookies in your Edge browser by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open the new Microsoft Edge, then select Settings > Settings > Privacy, search, and Services.
- Scroll down a bit and then under Clear browsing data, select one of the two options to clear your cookies.
- In Time range, select any time that suits you.
- Select Cookies and other site data, then Clear now.
Another option for you is to delete cookies every time you close or exit the browser. In that case, you can do the following:
- Open the new Microsoft Edge, then select Setting > Settings > Privacy, search, and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear every time you close your browser.
- Turn on the Cookies and other site data switches.
To view what the Microsoft edge browser has stored using cookies, you can do the following process:
1. Open Microsoft Edge, then select Settings > Settings > Site permissions.
2. Select Cookies and other site data. Here you can set specific controls for cookies.
3. Select See all cookies and site data to view all cookies saved on your device.