You can connect Alexa to Smart Family Equipment via Bluetooth which lets you control them from your phone.
It is also possible to connect the smart speaker via Bluetooth to the cell phone and control the playback through the device, even with the downloaded songs, dispensing with internet streaming.
How to use Amazon Echo as a Bluetooth speaker on mobile?
There are two ways to make the connection: the first is by voice command and the second by the Alexa app on your cell phone. Both options require Echo to be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Bluetooth Pairing Echo with Phone via Alexa voice command:
1. On your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings screen to pair a new device;
2. Command to Echo Alexa, “Connect with Bluetooth“, it will start searching while the LED ring turns blue;
3. At this point, Echo should appear in the device list, tap to connect.
That’s it, you have paired Echo with your phone using Alexa.
Bluetooth Pairing Echo with Phone via Alexa app:
1. Launch the Alexa app on your smartphone.
2. Next, tap the Devices option.
3. Then tap Echo & Alexa.
4 . Select the device that needs to be connected.
5. Tap on the Bluetooth Devices option and then Pair A New device; At this time, the LED ring will turn blue in color. If the device you want to connect is the phone itself, go to the Bluetooth settings and select Echo from the list of available devices.
Remember that you need an internet connection to pair Amazon Echo. Since the phone and speaker are already paired, you don’t need to be on a Wi-Fi network to reconnect them.
If you want to take Alexa somewhere and listen to the music downloaded on your cell phone, you don’t need to connect the Echo again to a Wi-Fi network, just go to the list of Bluetooth devices and make the connection there.
How to remove Paired Bluetooth Devices from Your Echo Show?
You can use your Echo Show’s Bluetooth settings to remove previously paired devices. To do so, please follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, Say, “Go to Settings” or just swipe down from the top of the screen and select Settings.
2. Then, select Bluetooth.
3. Select Info next to the device you want to remove, and then select Forget Device. You can repeat this step for all devices you want to remove.
The above steps also works for Echo Spot.