Adding smart home devices to Alexa is easy (assuming you’re using a compatible device, of course). There’s a couple of ways by which you can add your new smart devices, the first method is to turn on your new device and then say “Alexa, discover devices“, after the devices are scanned choose the one you want to add. The other technique is to add new devices through the Amazon Alexa app.
To make your experience smoother and safe, it’s important to understand how Alexa controls and operates smart home devices. Please read Amazon’s Safety Information for Using Smart Home Devices with Alexa.
How to Connect devices to Alexa through Amazon Alexa app?
Connecting your compatible new smart home devices to work with Alexa is simple, follow the steps mentioned below to connect your devices.
1. First, complete setup for your smart home devices using the manufactures companion app.
2. Next, launch the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
3. Then select Devices which is at the bottom of the app.
4. Tap the + icon which is at the top right corner of the app.
5. And then tap on Add Device option.
6. Now, select the device you want to connect.
7. Select the brand and just follow the onscreen instruction to complete the setup.
That’s it, you successfully added your new smart home devices to Alexa, now you can instruct Alexa to turn off your light or lock the front door.