ESPN + is ESPN’s new video streaming service. Owned by Disney, it is overseen by the company’s BAMTech unit, which is behind other popular video apps like HBO, WWE, and others. ESPN is still making a lot of money on affiliate fees.
It bills cable companies, such as Comcast, Charter, Spectrum, Verizon, DirecTV, etc., and it probably doesn’t want to risk cannibalizing the main ESPN network to appease cable cutters.
The new ESPN + service is not a stand-alone application. It exists inside the existing ESPN app, which is available on a range of devices, including smartphones, game consoles, and streaming TV boxes and players. At launch, ESPN + works on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, and web devices.
What Are Benefits that come with ESPN+ ?
ESPN+ promises to deliver live games, studio series, and original programming. With the new ESPN+ you can achieve:
- ESPN + will broadcast thousands of hours of live gameplay, but mostly for niche stuff. You will find live football, boxing, golf, tennis, rugby, cricket, and several college sports. You can also add packages like MLB.TV or NHL.TV packages for more money.
- ESPN + has live events, like Major League Soccer, but it also has an original lineup, exclusive studio shows, and a detailed catalog of content.
- It is also the only place where you’ll find the entire archive for the 30 for 30 documentary film series.
- Disney’s new ESPN + service does not replace ESPN. It will complement the cable channel, which houses SportsCenter and live games from all the major professional leagues. For example, the new streaming service does not broadcast live NFL games, live NBA games, and no Baseball Sunday Night. But you get free MLB and NHL play every day.
- ESPN + video streams in high definition at 60 frames per second.
- Five simultaneous streams are allowed per ESPN + account. Plus, as a subscriber, you can pause, rewind, or restart whatever you watch live through ESPN +.
How does ESPN+ function?
For ESPN+ to work, you have to:
Purchase an ESPN+ subscription
An ESPN + subscription is available for purchase through the ESPN app and Espn.com. You can only access ESPN + content after signing up. Log in using your current ESPN account or create a new account through the ESPN app or from the web. You will be prompted to sign in or create a new account when purchasing a subscription.
You have to click on the Gold icon and the Watch tab
The whole ESPN app has been redone with a card-like user interface, with rounded corners and cool transitions and effects. You’ll get relevant news, smarter video recommendations, and more. You’ll also see ESPN + highlighted throughout the app.
This is because all ESPN + content is designated in the updated ESPN app with a gold icon, so you can easily see that it is available with your subscription. ESPN also has a revamped Watch tab, which has a new black background (while all other tabs are lightweight). This is where you’ll get free access to highlights, live broadcasts from ESPN channels (pay-TV customers only), and ESPN + content, which has its own section.
Sign up for ESPN+
If you want to enjoy the benefits of ESPN+, then you have to create an account for ESPN+ which you can do either by installing their app or via computer.
How To Sign Up via app ?
If you want to have ESPN+ on your smartphone, then you have to download the app that is used to see highlights and scores. Follow the steps as mentioned below:
- You need to download the ESPN app on your device either from the play store or the iPhone app store.
- Then create a Login ID which you can do by signing in with your Email ID or with Facebook.
- Then follow the instruction as given on the screen.
- It will then ask for the payment method and will ask for your credit card credentials.
- Provide the required information and add your payment method.
- Now click on the PLAY button or click on INTRODUCING ESPN+.
- You can start by clicking on any video to begin your free preview.
- Simply visit the link https://www.zoosk.com/login/registrationfrom your browser, Select your sex and the sex of your future partner. Add your date of birth, email address, and create a password for your Zoosk account.
- Then, you will be asked to enter your place of residence, for example, the city in which you live or the closest to you. Then you have to upload a picture of yourself for your profile. There are instructions on what type of photo you can upload. You can skip this step if you don't have a photo yet.
- Answer a few questions about yourself, such as your build, number of children, level of education, ethnicity, and a few other details.
- Activate your account by clicking on the link that will be sent to your email address given in step 1. You will then learn how to view other profiles and send messages to people who interest you.
- Once you signed up, you joined the millions of other Zooskers around the world who like you are looking for love. Now you can start looking through the profiles of other Zooskers in your area.
- For Facebook, just tap the Connect with Facebook option; the site will then redirect you to Facebook, where you can log in using your account details.
- Once this process is complete, you will be returned to Zoosk, all logged in. These steps are pretty much the same for Google+ users.
How To Sign Up via Computer ?
If you want to stream ESPN+ on your laptop or PC, then follow the methods mentioned below:
- Go to the link https://www.espn.com/watch/?country=us&redirected=true from your browser and click on the SIGN-UP button which you can see on the screen.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address, password, and then click on the blue SIGN UP button.
- The next step will be adding a payment option, add your payment information, your credit card credentials.
- Purchase the subscription monthly or yearly.
- Click Start 7 day free trial, At the end of the trial, you will be charged based on the plan you chose during this step. If you decide you don't want the service, you must cancel before the trial period ends to avoid being charged.
- Click or tap Get started to complete the registration process.
- Your ESPN + account is now active. You can start watching immediately on the main ESPN website or download the appropriate app for your phone or streaming device.
How to Use ESPN + on the computer?
ESPN + is accessible via WatchESPN, which is the main site that ESPN uses for all of its streaming services. This is the same site you will use to watch live streaming videos from ESPN or ESPN2, which requires a valid cable subscription to access.
Since content from ESPN + is mixed together with other ESPN content on the same site, navigating can be a little confusing. It’s easy to select ESPN + videos, but only if you know what you’re looking for.
When you visit the ESPN website, each video card has some text under it that states the ESPN channel associated with it. The video associated with ESPN + also has a small yellow banner above it with the E + logo.
Here are a few ways you can use ESPN + to watch live shows and replay older shows:
- Navigate to https://www.espn.com/watch/?country=us&redirected=true.
- Move your mouse over the ESPN + logo for an overview of some of the most popular ESPN + content. If something looks good, click to watch it. Otherwise, scroll to the main WatchESPN site to find more ESPN + content.
- Scroll down to the Live section. Look for a video card with a yellow banner and a white E + logo. This is an ESPN + live stream that you can access with your ESPN + subscription. Click on one of these videos to watch it immediately.
- Continue scrolling to find more ESPN + content, such as UFC Fight Night Replays. Any video that has a yellow banner and a white E + logo is available via ESPN +.
- Check out ESPN + ‘schedule for live, upcoming, and replay events to see a full list of everything that’s available to watch at any given time.
How To Watch ESPN + on your Mobile Device ?
While watching ESPN + through a web browser on your computer or tablet is easy and comfortable, you can watch it in many other places with the right application. The ESPN app is available for phones and tablets, streaming devices, and even game consoles. To watch ESPN+ on your mobile devices, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the ESPN app that you have installed. Then click on the Gear Icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the login button and sign in using your username and password.
- After signing in, return to the home screen of the app and click on the ESPN+ logo which you can see at the bottom of the screen.
How To Watch ESPN+ on your TV ?
if you want to ESPN+ on your TV set, then follow the methods detailed below:
- First open the app on the streaming device of your choice and click on the GEAR icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to Account Information and sign in to your ESPN account so you can get your activation code.
- Now go to https://www.espn.com/watch/espnplus/?country=us&redirected=true from your phone, PC, or tablet.
- Now log in to your ESPN+ account and wait for confirmation notification on your TV screen that says you have successfully linked your account.
- Now on your device, return to the home screen of the ESPN app and look for ESPN+ in top links.
You can stream ESPN + from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV via Airplay. Even the older generation that can’t run the ESPN app natively can stream ESPN+ if you have the ESPN app on your phone or iPad. You can also stream ESPN + via Chromecast from Apple and Android phones.