Table of Contents
What is Roku?
Roku is an electronic media device manufactured by Roku Inc, lets your stream movies, shows, and other online content via the Internet to your TV. This media device needs to be plugged to a TV and will need access to the Internet. It is also very useful to turn your old TV to a smarter one by allowing you to watch your favorite shows on-demand unlike traditional subscribe based cable TV.
Roku was launched on May 20, 2008, in partnership with Netflix to play as a stand-alone device for its Watch instantly service. As of 2020, there have been many updates regarding the device and to date, the current version is 8. So much so that with such a rise in demand Roku has come with its own Roku Tv series in the market.
With Roku introducing its TV and channel, you can enjoy tons of free streaming channels or subscribe to your favorite shows. If you have a Roku TV and confused about setup or login, then here are complete instructions on how you should proceed.
Before starting to follow the steps, make sure you have an internet connection and know the details such as username and password. You will need a smartphone, computer, or Tablet.
How to set up Roku TV?
- Power up your Roku TV.
- Get hold of your Roku TV remote.
- Turn on your TV, after the brand logo you should see a guided setup.
- Use your remote as an input device.
- Get started by selecting English or any language you prefer.
- After that, select the country you are in.
- Now, select Set up for home use option.
- Connect to the internet, Or you can choose your internet later.
- Select any of the options given on the screen.
- If you have chosen wireless, make sure you select the correct wireless network and password.
- For wiring, you will need an ethernet cable from your router to your TV.
- After you have completed these steps your Roku TV will be updated and restarts.
- You are now ready for activation.
How to activate Roku TV?
- You will need a smartphone, computer, or Tablet with an active internet connection.
- Open up a web browser and go to https://my.roku.com/link.
- Once the page loads up, you will be asked for an activation code.
- Enter the activation code you see on the TV.
- Check the circle to agree to the End User License Agreement.
- And click on Submit.
- The next page will ask you to Link to your Roku account.
- If you have an account, click on Yes, I already have one.
- If you do not have a Roku account, follow the steps to create on.
How to create a Roku TV account?
- If you were following the steps mentioned on Activation, you should click on ‘No, I need to create one’ button.
- Or else go to https://my.roku.com/signin or click on this link.
- Once the page loads up, click on the Create Account button.
- Enter your details asked on the form.
- Make sure your password is at least 8 characters.
- Click on the checkbox beside ‘ I am 18 years or older’ and Click on the checkbox beside ‘ Agreement of Terms and conditions.
- Check on ‘I’m not a Robot’ captcha and then click on the Continue button.
- The next step you will need to set up a PIN preferences to prevent unwanted purchases.
- Set a security pin by click the second option ‘ Always require a PIN to make a purchase’.
- Enter your pin and confirm it, make sure you remember the PIN.
- Click on the Continue button.
- You will now be taken to the Payment method page.
- Select the preferred payment option.
- Enter the details for your payment system and when done, click Save and Continue.
- After the payment details, the next step will ask you to add your favorite channels or you can even add them later.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page and select the Continue button to finish creating your account.
- There you go, check you Roku TV and you should see it updating.
How to sign in to Roku Account?
You will need a Roku account to activate Roku TV or device, and also with this account, you can update your information like your security PIN, payment method, and much more.
- Go to https://my.roku.com/signin or click on this link.
- On the left-hand side, you should see a form requesting your details.
- Enter your Email ID and password, this must be the same one you had used during account creation.
- Click on ‘Remember me’ if you want to be remembered on this device.
- Now click on ‘I’m not a Robot‘ captcha.
- And then click on the ‘Sign In’ button.
How to recover the Roku account password?
If you have lost your password, then it’s easy to recover them.
- Go to https://my.roku.com/password/reset or click on this link.
- Enter your Email ID.
- And click on ‘I’m not a Robot‘ captcha, then on Submit button.
- You will receive an email, please click the link.
- A password reset page will load, now enter your new password and confirm it.
- Now you have also managed to successfully reset your password.
If you face any problems and issues regarding Roku, please visit this website https://support.roku.com/.